Manufacturing – Melt Room Operator
Location: Casper, Wyoming
- Department: Manufacturing
- Position Type: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma with 3-5 years related experience
- Starting Salary: Negotiable based on Experience;
- Performance Bonus Eligible: Yes
- Benefits Eligible: Yes – medical, 401k, defined benefit pension plan
- Relocation Eligible: Negotiable
About Scottsdale Mint, LLLP – “The Most Distinguished Name in Bullion”
Scottsdale Mint is a privately held U.S.A. based custom manufacturer, designer, distributor and seller of exceptionally crafted precious metals products such as the world-renowned silver Stacker® rounds and bars, I.R.A. eligible gold and silver investment bars, and legal tender commemorative coins on behalf of 20+ sovereign governments. The Mint’s partners and clients include central banks, financial institutions, industrial users of precious metals, marketing companies and individual investors. Today, people choose to invest in Scottsdale Mint manufactured precious metals on five continents and in dozens of countries around the world.
Responsible for operator functions in the Melt Room; operator in the melt process of precious metals including horizontal continuous casting and pusher kilns.
To perform this just successfully, a person must be able to satisfactorily perform essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs work of a recurring nature requiring mechanical aptitude; may use special or standard hand tools dependent upon job; produce products according to verbal or written instructions; operation of hand tools, power tools and operation of equipment as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs regularly
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and push carts as needed
- Must be able to set-up, monitor and operate (including make adjustments) the continuous casting machines to very small tolerances, melt, and charge the furnaces etc.
- Must be able to physically inspect gold and silver product before and after melting
- Must be able to work in a hot environment. (Though area is climate controlled)
- Must be able to communicate respectfully with co-workers and Supervisors
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instruction exactly and stay focused at all times
- Must be organized, able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Must be reliably on time to work and focused and with an attention to detail while at work
- Must be able and committed to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe working environment
- Must be teachable
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is consistently required to stand. The Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and controls. The Employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Though climate controlled, the melt room can be a hot environment. Continuous standing is required. This is a very physical job.
About Casper, WY
At over 5,000 feet of elevation, Casper is home to iconic landscapes, world-class fly-fishing & hunting, and a family-first community waiting to welcome you. With Hogadon Basin Ski Area sitting atop Casper Mountain, a short 10 minute drive from the front door of Scottsdale Mint’s manufacturing facility, you can find yourself enjoying an after work ski-run down the slopes. But the beauty and outdoor activities do not tell the entire story of Casper. The State of Wyoming and Casper’s local government have worked together to create one of the most tax friendly jurisdictions in the country. No personal state income tax and a low property tax mean more money in your pocket to be spent or saved as you see fit! To learn more about Casper, please visit www.visitcasper.com.